Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year in Buffalo

I have to admit how pleased I was with 2010. Yeah, it certainly had its ups and downs. Spring semester certainly brought some difficulties, but even during it all, staying up for all hours every night in the Palisano computer lab, I was happy. A month in El Salvador was horizon broadening. Summer in particular was the best on record, loving every minute in Elmwood Village. And this semester, though it's been pretty rough academically, has also made me feel very lucky, mostly because I've had such fantastic people to spend it with, between George Martin House, Phi Sigma Sigma and a certain special someone. Now I'm eating my Coldstone ice cream (cinnamon, butterfingers and raspberries!) in my room surrounded by all my crap and reflecting on the past year. Yeah, it was pretty great, but so far 2011 has been pretty darn great too. Rang in the new year with my boyfriend Gabe and all my stranger-neighbors in the city of Buffalo downtown at the ball drop. Damn, I love my city.



So that's two things I'm going to miss. There's loads of others. I said goodbye to my beloved roommate yesterday morning too...

I'm excited though. Preparations are well underway. As they should be, I guess, since tomorrow is my last full day at home. Woah. I packed my suitcase today. It's huge and I could probably fit my whole house in it but it has to be under 50 pounds for the plane. So I just stuffed a bunch of stuff in it and figured I'd weigh it and then take stuff out when it was inevitably over. But it weighed in at 49.9 pounds! Hahaha. I still have to pack my carry on suitcase, which is small but gonna weigh about a million pounds. At this point, it's a lot of little things I'm trying to think about. Like finding both of my sonic screwdrivers and putting my Kairos cd in my laptop and charging my DS so I can play Pokemon on the plane. And spending tomorrow watching movies.

I'm still nervous but on the first day of the new year, I feel like the luckiest person in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment